It finally happened, and I cant believe it. We arrived in CA last week to spend Christmas with the fam, and to celebrate Heidi's wedding this upcoming week (so contact us if you want, please!!!). This morning I dropped Kate off at a friends to go surfing, and I decided to take a drive down memory lane and just whiz about La Canada and see some of my favorite sites.
As I came to a T stop, I had to turn left onto a road, and it hit me: I had completely spaced what side of the road I had to turn onto. Do I heed my immediate inclination to drive on the left side, and see what happens? Or do I revert to what I think I should do, and go to the right side of the road?
Luckily, the V20 Dodge Ram with 3,000,000 horsepower and 500 yards to he gallon gas mileage rumbling by reminded me that I was in the States, and not England. BUT, had there been a bunch of London Underground workers sitting on the side of the road picking their noses with "Down With Boris" signs, then it might have been a different story.
Fortunate for me, the recent dearth of loitering London Underground limeys in Los Angeles spared me from certain doom.
No comments:
Post a Comment