Sunday, January 9, 2011

Funny Word Play

Invariably, we experience some funny miscommunications because of the language gap across the pond. Most of them I understand, but others- like the picture- I never quite get. One of the best happens to be the British word for a USB flash drive, or, in the UK- a “dongle”.


One story from Mikaela says it best:

“There was a massive virus that took down the computer system throughout the school where I worked. The IT Director informed us during a staff meeting that they had found the source of the virus.


Completely unwittingly, she stated that the virus was a result of ‘someone sticking his dirty dongle into a computer’.


This didn’t seem to strike anyone as funny, but I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself.”


To add some more (relatively clean) humor, check out this comedy sketch from some of England’s most popular comedians:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI&feature=player_embedded


(FYI- Orange is a cell phone network)

No comments:

Post a Comment